We are all aware of the benefits of milk but did you know it has been scientifically proven that chocolate lowers cholesterol levels, reduces risk of heart disease and prevents diabetes. And when you combine the goodness of your favourite Pride of Cows milk with chocolate what do you get? A healthy, happy family and 4 easy 4 step dessert recipes listed below.
“I wish I was full of chocolate cake instead of feelings” – Jim Bugg
1) Mix together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 6 Tbsp. of cocoa powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ¾ cup granulated sugar in a large bowl.
2) Now add ½ cup vegetable oil, ¼ cup each of hot coffee, milk and yogurt and 1 tsp Vanilla essence. Whisk this mixture for 2-3 minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
3) Pour the batter in a baking pan and bake it in a pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is ready.
4) For icing: With the help of a hand whisk combine softened butter and cocoa powder. To this mixture add little hot water, 2 cups icing sugar and vanilla essence. Depending on the taste and consistency keep adding sugar and water.
1) In a medium saucepan, add ¼ cup corn starch, ½ cup sugar and 2 tsp salt.
2) Slowly add milk and keep whisking to avoid any lumps, place the pan over medium heat and keep whisking for about 10 minutes.
3) Once the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon add 6 ounces of coarsely chopped chocolate and keep stirring for 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
4) Distribute equally among pudding cups or one large bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Chocolate Ice cream
“Worries go down better with Ice Cream!” – Jewish Proverb
1) Whisk together ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup brown sugar in a large bowl.
2) Now add ¾ cup rich milk and whisk manually for 2-3 minutes.
3) Pour in thickened cream which has minimum 35% fat content, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
4) Churn this batter for 20 minutes in your ice cream maker. Once it turns thick, freeze it to make it harder and serve after 2-3 hours.
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles M. Schulz
1) In a saucepan mix together 2 litres of milk and 125 grams of sugar, stir till the mixture turns thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
2) Chop a large slab of milk chocolate and melt it.
3) Turn the flame off and add the melted milk chocolate, 1 small slab of chopped milk chocolate, 25 grams each of almonds, cashews pistachios and walnuts. You can also add 2 Tbsp. raisins and vanilla essence.
Spread this mixture of a greased plate and top with silver warq. Once it’s cold cut into small pieces and serve!